Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sketchbook: San Francisco


felt tip pen and ink drawing by Rosa Phoenix


This is the view from Tank Hill, looking toward downtown San Francisco and the Bay.

You can see some San Francisco landmarks in this sketch, including the TransAmerica Pyramid building, the Bay Bridge, City Hall, Mission Dolores and Market Street (which I colored yellow). The big rainbow flag marks the intersection of Market and Castro, center of the Castro District (birthplace of the gay rights movement).

There is also a new huge tower at the entrance to the Bay Bridge. I think it is called Rincon, but I call it the Sharper Image Ionic Breeze Tower, because that is what it looks like, to me. If only it cleaned the air as well!

I did this sketch with black Uniball pen, and then I colored it later with felt tip pens.

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing city you live in! wonderful artwork, Rosa!

    ReplyDelete